Friday, September 28, 2012

An Unexpected Endorsement

My mom and I get a perverse pleasure in her ability to bust out pop culture references in front of my easily embarrassed brother so I try to work them into conversations whenever I can.  Yesterday, we were discussing illicit substances and how one might request such substances.  I was attempting to bring her current on some of the references, when in the middle of the conversation, I got an unexpected endorsement. 

Mom: I don't think I would know where to go or what to ask for if I did want to do anything.
Me:  That's simple.  Just ask for a dime bag or an 8-ball.
Mom:  I've never even heard of an 8-ball.
Me:  It's a heroin measurement.
Mom:  Fascinating!!!  I learned something new today.
Me:  Stick with me kid, I'll show you the ropes!
KIC (from the backseat):  She sure will!!!!!

When I related the inappropriateness of the conversation my four year old had just participated in to NannyK, her response was "Well, it's a good way for her to learn fractions."

KIC frequently gets asked where she goes to school.  From now on, I'm going to reply "The School of Hard Knocks!"

No comments: