Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Big doin's in Shoupland

Well, I realize it's been awhile since I posted. General craziness is what I attribute it to. I'll catch you up on the "doin's" at the Shoup House:

- First off, Brent is doing really well. His tendon seems completely back to normal, though I haven't seen him attempt another Wii workout. I think his goal is to try to get some running in as the Georgia marathon is NEXT WEEK. I still don't get this whole running for 3-5 hours thing, but it makes him happy and that's what's important. (P.S. Party at my house next weekend! RSVP for directions)

- Second, and ALMOST as exciting, I went for a fish pedicure with some friends this past Saturday. I'm not really sure why it is we chose to get a pedicure in the middle of winter (with snow all around, just to prove it's still winter)...I think the allure (yes, I said allure) of a fish pedicure was like a siren's song that was too powerful to resist. The brief synopsis is that there was screaming, there was crying, no fish were harmed in the consumption of our dead skin and my feet are as smooth as a baby's butt. If you're reading this, chances are you don't have access to a baby's butt (or my feet for that matter), so you'll have to take my word for it. I would definitely do it again, just maybe not live it up quite so much next time. And if you get the chance to do it, well, make sure you start out with the small fish. I hear they have had to retrieve whole toes from the big fish! Just kidding. Sort of.

- Third, and not quite as amusing as the first two topics, my father had two small heart attacks on Sunday. I think we all accept at some point that our parents are mortal. Somewhere along the way, we stop seing them as a ginormous figure and recognize them to be more like a real life person. It's at this time in our lives that we realize that eventually our parents will no longer be around forever. We hope that they will live to be 1000 year old so we can draw on their wisdom, or learn from their mistakes, until the end of our lives. My dad will need bypass surgery and will be able to resume normal activity shortly after surgery, so he is very lucky that they caught his heart attacks so early. Not everybody gets a second shot at living, so I hope he will take this chance he's been given and appreciate it. And I hope that I will appreciate his second chance as well.

No funny ending tonight, folks. Hug your loved ones tight, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: