Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kaitlynisms Part Deux

Minus a couple of incidents with fosters that shall not be mentioned ever again, it's been relatively uneventful in the Shoup House. However, there have been some Kaitlynisms worth sharing.

Yes I did!
Aunt Terri and I had a conversation before Christmas in which I would predict TIC's innocent ability to take full credit for Christmas gifts to family. I am proud to say that it went down exactly as I predicted. I shall provide you an excerpt.
Insert relative name here: "Kaitlyn, did you get this for me?"
TIC: "YEAH!" said with the certainty and assuredness of a kid saying they wanted a free lollipop.
Relative: "Thank you, Kaitlyn! I really love it."
TIC: "You welcome!" said as though she knew she was bestowing upon them the best gift they will receive in their lives ever.

I Got Game
A fact became really clear to me recently. We need to organize more play dates for TIC. She tries to emulate those she is around most, and lately that has been Brent and I. In many respects (potty training, getting yourself dressed, learning how NOT to trip and fall while holding a plate of food) this is good. In other ways, like trying to play video games, the spirit is willing, the attention span and coordination aren't quite there yet. Neverthelss, that didn't stop me from purchasing a game that I thought was close to her level of coordination. The name of the game is not important, but what was important to TIC was the fact that this was HER game for HER to play and Daddy helps her play it when she's not watching the Backyardigans. She was SO excited about this that when I got home on the day she opened the game, her delighted cries could be heard two doors down. "I got game, Mommy!!! I GOT GAME!!!!!!!!!!" I'm sure none of the neighbors who overheard thought she was talking about basketball, but stranger things have happened.

My little veterinarian
As I mentioned before, TIC got a Barbie vet set for Christmas. She really likes playing with the kittens and sometimes emulates me giving them meds. One day she discovered the kitty sized furminator in the basement. Ping Pong, a wee kitten of about 12 weeks, became her target. She put him up on her picnic table and proceeded to brush "him". The guard was still on the furminator, so no harm came to him or her, but he was admonished very sternly a couple of times for trying to get away. To his credit, he also kept coming back for more. Silly kitten.

That's all for now. Happy New Year! Here's hoping we all have a wonder 2011, no matter how it has started out!

No comments: