Monday, September 26, 2011

Sincere Appreciation

This post has been a long time coming. There's a lot of negativity surrounding the Shoup-o-sphere lately. There are many external influences that have created this air of doom and gloom circling around my head. Combined with some personal missteps, and let's just say, I haven't been the easiest person to be around (shocking, I know). To be honest, from the outside looking in, there's an easy way to resolve a lot of what's going on. But you can axe mah momma, I've never been one for easy and sometimes it takes a lot for me to ask for help. Like house burning down around my ears magnitude. While I'm not there yet, it's not far off.

Many people have put some wind in my sails, as it were, with their encouraging words, thoughts, actions and just general listening ear. The worse I feel, the more I tend to isolate myself, so I just wanted to take a time out and say thank you.

- Thank you to the people who reminded me why I participate in animal rescue in the first place. Thank you to the people who reinforce my decision to get out of animal rescue. Wait, what??? That's a contradiction silly girl! A paradox, it's true, lord knows, I can't ever make things simple.

- Thank you for opportunities and experiences I wouldn't have otherwise known. Thank you for allowing me to provide you with experiences that bring joy to you. Through your joy, I am refreshed and repurposed.

- Thank you for listening and allowing me to listen. I appreciate having the chance to vent, but also appreciate allowing others to vent. Just call it a great big love fest.

- Thank you for going out of your way to provide me with support and empathy. I have been able to exprience humble and joyful tears even through tears of frustration.

- Thank you for witholding judgement. While you may not have been supportive of me and what's going on, you didn't tell me what an idiot I was, and for that, I'm extremely grateful.

- Thank you for being willing to hop on this crazy train with me. Whether you were helping me shovel the coal to keep the train moving, or being the one to drive so I didn't have to, your effors have not gone unnoticed.

- Finally, thank you for your outrage, righteous indignation, love, care, concern, advice and support of me. I truly don't understand people as much as I thought I did, but I do understand friends and frienship and for that, I'm eternally grateful.

Simply put, thank you. You can never know how much your actions, thoughts and words have inspired, motivated and comforted me. Thank you.

No comments: