Wednesday, February 8, 2012

JOTW: Oasis "Wonderwall"

Well, here I am with another nostalgic Jam Of the Week. I remember thinking in the 90's how profound this song was. "Maybe, you're going to be the one that saves me..." Because, you know, we all wanted to be saved in the 90's. We were all about feeling, man. Well, that, and mosh pits, but that's a different sort of feeling.

It's a shame that the Gallagher brothers couldn't get past the infighting. They really did bring about an awesome Britpop resurgence that helped bands like Bush, The Verve and Blur, to name a few, gain recognition here in the states. "Definitely Maybe" was pretty much it for them, but what a way to make their mark!

This song is my personal favorite and I might have dedicated it on more than one occasion to an undeserving boyfriend. Maybe. I will neither confirm nor deny. ;-) Enjoy!

No comments: