Monday, March 5, 2012

No sympathy

Sometimes, I feel like I'm a magnet for crazy people (readers of this blog excluded, of course!). I once had a woman strike up a conversation at the grocery store about kitty litter. This lead to her telling me her entire adult history of pet ownership, when all I wanted to do was take my now melting ice cream home. 20 minutes later, I was on my way.

Yesterday, we took our foster kitty, Fatima, to Petsmart in the hopes that getting showcased in a public place would lead to her finding her forever home. While there, there was a crazy woman who had no problems admitting she has 17 cats and telling me all about the designer breed she created. Irresponsible breeding drives me INSANE and the basis of her "designer breed" was too depressing to rehash here.

On our way to the car, I had the following conversation with KIC:

Me: "That lady drove me crazy!"
KIC: "Why?"
Me: "Because Mommy doesn't like it when people are irresponsible and make new kittens that need homes."
KIC (laughing): "That lady made you crazy. It's so funny when you go crazy."

Thanks, KIC. To quote Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect."

No comments: